“Kamalayan sa kahandaan katumbas ay kaligtasan.”
In celebration of the National Disaster Resilience Month, the Provincial Risk Reduction and Management Council (PRRMC) held a two-day educational event in College of St. John – Roxas last July 3-4, 2017 in the CSJ-R Covered Court.
The primary goal of the said event was to inform the students of how to act during emergencies or disasters. They were also made familiarized with the equipment used in rescuing, the basic first aid skills vehicles used for such situations like the ambulance and fire truck.
Along with the PRRMC are other agencies and organizations that shared their expertise to the students:
- Philippine Information Agency
- Roxas City Emergency Response Team
- Scan International, Scan Civic Capiz (DX6EVM Capiz)
- Coast Guard Station Roxas
- Capiz Emergency Response Team
- Roxas City Fire Station
- Philippine Red Cross Capiz Chapter
- 61st Infantry Battalion Philippine Army
- Kabalikat Civicom 371 Roxas City Chapter
Ignorance is not an excuse to not keep oneself safe. With awareness and the right knowledge, you can save not only yourself but also others.